page tabs

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The first Senate "Corruptor" (youth-teen) Skates


















My main goal behind the "Senate" youth-teen "Corruptor" skate design - to get a new stream of fresh, brand new bladers and to give them an affordable 1st option...but make it look cool.  I've always thought it was hard for a kid/Parent to go and spend $150+ on their 1st pair of aggressive skates, when the kid can buy a skateboard for like $90 or less.


If the kids ends up liking them, google's senate and then finds our core industry and becomes hooked....then we have a new fellow blader!! Next they'll go and buy some USDs/Valos/Xsjados/Razors/etc....That's the goal.  (there's more pics on my facebook page also)
-Kevin Gillan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping that does happen and I believe it will. Funny thing about these Senate skates is when I was 14 and just started skating, this one kid who I knew didnt skate saw me wearing a Senate shirt and said he just bought some Senate skates, that had the Senate name all over them....Maybe he could see into the future. lol, anyways I really do hope these skates get kids involved. Skateboarding isnt easy and kids that pic it up dont always stick with it. My nephew tried it for sometime because, well since its the cool thing to do and he was seeing guys like Sheckler and Chaz Ortiz making bank and being so amazing at such a young age. These skates will help the industry a lot but in the end it really needs to get that media coverage it used to have. When that will be I dont know, but I would hate to see big companys drop rollerblading and skater owned and run companys fall